Vacancy Announcement for Forestry Officer
Duty station: Nawalpur
Required number: 1
Major roles and responsibilities
The forestry officer will contribute to the improved forest management practices in the project area in line with National Forest Stewardship Standards (NFSS).
- Organize forest users into community forest user groups
- Organize and facilitate field level meetings, workshop, group discussion, and training activities on sustainable forest management and standards - NFSS, biodiversity and ecosystem services and high conservation value
- Carry out resource assessments of forests (incl. ecosystem services & biodiversity) and detailed inventories of NTFPs in community forests
- Develop forest management plan in line with NFSS by carrying out gap analysis providing technical assistance to CFUGs to fulfill the identified gaps
- Contribute to the development of toolkit on sustainable harvesting practices of select MAP species
- Promote fire prevention and control measures and use of alternative energy options to reduce the burning of firewood
- Coordinate with local schools, local FECOFUNs, local level government and civil society organizations to enhance synergy to the project
Qualification and skills
- Minimum B.Sc. in forestry with two years of experience or bachelor degree in any discipline with Intermediate degree in Forestry and four years of experience
- Good knowledge on community forestry, NTFPs, forest inventory, and certification
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English and Nepali
- Ability to plan and prioritize work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good computer skills including MS Words and Excel
- Motorbike riding skill with valid driving license
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending an application including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a cover letter, and expected gross salary by August 01, 2021 by e-mail to: email@example.com
Residents from the project districts or candidates with prior working experience in the district will be given priority for the positions. Candidates from the four Palikas (Kawasoti, Madhyabindu, Binayi Triveni and Hupsekot) are strongly encouraged to apply.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate any applicant with regards to gender, caste, race, color, or religion.