Vacancy Announcement for Field Coordinator
Duty Station: Jumla
Required Number: 1
- Coordinate field-level implementation of project activities, including management of field-level staff and stakeholders;
- Coordinate conduction of the project’s baseline study;
- Build the capacity of community forest user groups (CFUGs) and other stakeholders on sustainable harvesting of high-value high conservation priority NTFPs, business planning, enterprise development, and compliance with FairWild certification;
- Support CFUGs to carry out gap analysis in community forest management plan with respect to NTFP management and FairWild certification;
- Carry out inventory of priority NTFPs and develop management plan;
- Provide guidance to CFUGs for revision of their management plans incorporating the provision for sustainable production and marketing of NTFPs;
- Support local entrepreneurs and traders to link with local, regional and national level buyers for their product marketing;
- Facilitate CFUGs and processing enterprises in the certification process;
- Coordinate with district and local level government and civil society organizations to enhance synergy to the project.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- B.Sc. in Forestry with four years of experience in relevant field, or M.Sc. in Forestry with 2 years of experience in relevant field;
- Knowledge on NTFP sector and NTFP-based enterprises, certification, organizing community groups, preparation of community forest management plans, community forest handover process, and development of business plan;
- Ability to handle forest survey tools and equipment with good knowledge on GIS;
- Proven report writing and reporting experience and skills;
- Proficient in using information technologies and good computer skills, particularly in the use of MS Office Package;
- Ability to plan and prioritize work duties under pressure and tight deadlines.
Residents from the project districts or candidates with prior working experience in the district would be an advantage.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by sending an application including an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), a short paragraph on why he/she is the ideal candidate for the position, and expected gross salary by September 19, 2021 by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate any applicant with regards to caste, race, color, or religion.