Vacancy Announcement: Agriculture Officer
ANSAB is currently seeking a qualified, dynamic and result-oriented person for its Ecosystem-based Commercial Agriculture program. The detail of the position, qualifications and competencies, roles and responsibilities, and application procedure is given below.
Position: Agriculture Officer – Ecosystem based Commercial Agriculture Program
Duty station: Jiri Municipality, Dolakha
Duration: Initially for 1 Year
Required number: 1
Qualification and competences:
Masters’ degree in Agriculture preferably organic agriculture, ecological agriculture or related subjects; Or Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture with two years of work experience in organic agriculture or ecological agriculture field;
Good understanding on the socio-economic and environmental issues of Nepalese agriculture;
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English and Nepali;
Major roles and responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of Executive Director and direct supervision of Programs Director, your specific duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Organize and facilitate field level meetings, workshop, group discussion, and training activities on nutrition and growing vegetables;
- Provide support to the municipality to develop a long-term plan in organic agriculture;
- Provide technical support to farmers to develop their farm as per the project implementation plan;
- Implement the project in close coordination with local government bodies, schools and district level government agencies;
- Provide support to the project team in data collection;
- Develop and submit periodic progress reports;
- Undertake any other works as assigned by the supervisor and Executive Director
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements may apply by March 24, 2020 by sending an application with the position applied at the subject line to email@example.com with a recent CV, cover letter and an expected gross salary.
ANSAB is an equal opportunity employer and the qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to gender, caste, race, color or religion.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for further process and no telephone enquiries will be entertained.